A twist on the Lone Star classic Honky Tonk Chicken and great served with Lone Star Garlic Aioli.
- 2 fresh Chicken Breasts skin on
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 8 sprigs of Thyme
- 1 large red Capsicum, rough cut
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and Pepper
- Lone Star Garlic Aioli
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Combine mustard, honey, olive oil, 1/2 of the thyme and Salt in a bowl. Place chicken in a bowl and coat with marinade. Ensure skin is pulled back over breast.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Season and cook the chicken with a little oil for 2 1/2 mins each side or until golden brown.
- Place the chicken and seasoned capsicum on baking paper lined roasting tray. Drizzle the remaining mustard honey mixture over chicken. Roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the capsicum are tender. Drizzle chicken with a little olive oil before serving.
- Serve with green salad or steamed vegetables, roasted new potatoes and Lone Star Garlic Aioli